Home Visits are individually designed services to provide diagnosis, treatment and wellness monitoring in order to preserve the patients functional capacity to remain in his/her own home. Wellness monitoring is critical to the overall health of the patients. Wellness monitoring includes disease prevention, the provision of health education and the identification of modifiable health risks. Through increased awareness and education, the waiver participant is more apt to make healthy lifestyle choices which will decrease the likelihood of unnecessary institutionalization. The frequency of wellness monitoring will be contingent on the waiver participant’s needs.
Home visits must be needed to decrease the likelihood of exacerbations of chronic medical conditions and unnecessary and costly emergency room visits, hospitalizations and nursing facility placement.
This service is especially beneficial for those patients who have significant difficulty traveling or are unable to travel for needed medical care provided by a physician, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner because of:
- severe mobility impairments;
- terminal illness;
- when travel is contraindicated due to the person’s chronic condition;
- severe pain;
- when medical providers at a physician’s office and/or transportation providers refuse to provide services due to an individual’s disruptive behavior;
- the home visit is cost-effective; or
- where transportation to medical appointments is limited due to geographical considerations.
Our Medical Personnel will perform a comprehensive assessment of the physical, psychosocial, environmental and economic factors in the patients own environment that could affect the patient’s health and welfare and the ability to remain in the community. This comprehensive assessment and medical follow-up in the patient’s home is intended to improve the patient’s functioning.